Meet Dr. Yoshikane
Dr. Patrick Yoshikane is a General Dentist and Implant Fellow who was born and raised in Southern California. A second generation dentist, Dr. Yoshikane practiced in Los Angeles and Anaheim with his father, Dr. Franklin Yoshikane, until 1992. He continued to practice dentistry in greater Southern California, serving celebrities and their families until 1999 when he relocated to Orange, CA to open his private practice. Dr. Yoshikane is happily married to his wife, Marisela, and has two beautiful children. When he is outside of the practice, Dr. Yoshikane enjoys spending time with his family and volunteering among charities, including Angel Flight West, Susan G. Komen Cancer Society, Multiple Sclerosis Foundation, Ronald McDonald House, churches, and local children’s schools.
Education and Training
After graduating from California State University Fullerton, where he majored in biology and minored in chemistry, Dr. Yoshikane completed his doctoral degree at Loyola University School of Dentistry in Chicago, Illinois in 1989. Since completing his education, Dr. Yoshikane has completed several fellowships among prestigious programs, among them, the World Academy of Ultrasonic Piezoelectric Bone Surgery (WAUPS), the Global Dental Implant Academy (GDIA), and the International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI). Dr. Yoshikane has completed many additional training programs and continues to advance his knowledge to remain a leader of the dental surgery industry.
Skills and Specialties
Dr. Yoshikane is skilled and experienced to provide full-service general and cosmetic dentistry with an emphasis in comprehensive reconstructive dentistry. His comprehensive knowledge of restorative dentistry techniques, including extractions, bone and tissue grafting, implant surgery, and placement, through the use of oral conscious sedation allows him to provide unparalleled care to Orange, CA patients, helping them to achieve a beautiful and functional smile that they can be proud to show the world. Dr. Yoshikane shares his knowledge with his highly educated team at Patrick Yoshikane, D.D.S. so that together, they can change the lives of hundreds of patients each year.
- 2023 Ricardo Kern -Soft Tissue Plastic Surgery Fellowship
- 2023 DL Cirugia Oral -Khoury Split Bone Surgical Fellowship Denver, CO / Dominican Republic
- 2023 IXP Surgical -International Lecturer and Didactic Instructor-Lateral Sinus Lift, Bone Grafting and Tissue Grafting
- 2022 4M Institute -NeoArch-Full Arch Surgical Program and Cadaver Course
- 2022 PCSP Invited Guest Lecturer
- The Clinical Application and Therapeutic use of PRF in Implant Dentistry.
- 2021 Otto Zuhr Micro-MIcro-Surgical Periodontal Plastic Surgery and Tissue Management
- 2020 CDS MidWinter Presenter
- Management of the Dental Implant in the Esthetic Zone
- Dental Implant Management of Complications-for the General Practioner
- 2020 Oral Foundation Soft Tissue Grafting- Leavitt/Wong
- 2020 Ziv Simon Implant Blueprint Mentorship
- 2020 Frank Zastrow Autogenous Bone Spliting -Real Bone Builders
- 2020 Giovanni Zuchelli-Micro Soft Tissue Grafting
- 2020 Ricardo Kern - Esthetic Crown Lengthening
- 2020 Academy of Osseointegration -Active Member
- 2019 Urban Advanced Vertical Augmentation and Bone Regeneration- Budapest, Hungary
- 2019 ICOI Fellow
- 2019 Pikos/Urban Advanced Surgical Training
- 2018 Neodent / Straumann Group Trainer for Implant Surgical Placement and Restorative Techniques for General Dentists.
- 2018 GDIA Fellow
- 2018 WAUPS Fellow
- 2017 – GDIA Advanced Dental Implant and Reconstructive Surgical Training
- 2016 UCLA Implant Continuum, Bone Graft, PRF, Subepithelial Tissue Grafting
- 2008 Oral Conscious Sedation Permit
- 2003 – Dentsply Implant Training – Frankfurt, Germany
- 1994 Terry Tanaka TMD/Splint Therapy for the Restorative Dentist
- Former President of the Academy for Excellence in Dentistry
Memberships and Associations
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- American Academy of Dental Anesthesiology
- California Society of Dental Anesthesiology
- North Orange County Implant Study Group
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Global Dental Implant Academy
- World Congress of Ultrasonic Piezoelectric Bone Surgery
- Western Society of Periodontology
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- Orange County Dental Society
- CDA Team Captain Peer Review Committee
"Dr. Yoshikane is amazing! I went in Friday morning to my dentist in south Orange County and found out that I needed a root canal. Since my general dentist does not do them. I was referred out to an endodontist who was very pushy and way overpriced. I called my husband in tears and he reached out to Dr. Yoshikane who totally took care of me. First of all it was Friday his day off and he said how quick can you get to my office. I went straight in. The office staff was warm and kind and did everything they could to help me be comfortable. Even when Dr. Yoshikane gave me shots to numb me I could barely feel it. I was in and out within 40 minutes. His service , dedication, perfectionism and commitment was amazing. He even reached out to me over the weekend to make sure I was doing okay. I would highly recommend him to any friends and family."
"I recently was involved in a Bike accident where I sustained many injuries, one of those injuries being my front teeth being knocked out. I was worried, depressed, stressed about finances & in a lot of pain. Luckily after making some calls I was referred to the offices of Dr. Patrick Yoshikane, & I am so fortunate I was. The offices knew my emergency & they were able to fit me in first thing in the morning to make sure I was okay & to fix my issue with my teeth. Upon arrival I was greeted by a wonderful staff who were so attentive, professional, & kind. My injuries were painful, I was upset, hurt & in shock still from the trauma & they did everything they could to make me relaxed, comfortable & at ease. The staff even took time to go over billing options so that I would be able to make it work with my finances which really was amazing to see them go above and beyond to breakdown & explain everything vs most places that just send you home with forms. After meeting with Dr. Yoshikane he reassured me I was in good hands & they were going to help me..... & they did! I left feeling like a new person, able to smile again & feel this burden of depression and stress lifted from shoulders. Every moment spent there was great, each person from their staff was so attentive & caring & answered all my questions, helped me, & made me comfortable. Also their follow up after my appointment has been so impressive & leaving the office I knew I found my new permanent Dentist office. Thank you so much again Dr. Yoshikane & Staff!!! Each of you helped me in my recovery so much & I look forward to seeing you all again & calling your offices my permanent Dentist home."
"I can't sing enough praises for Dr. Patrick Yoshikane and his team! Of all the dentists I have ever had, there is no other that can hold a candle to Dr. Yoshikane. I have been going to him for almost 2 years. Every time I go there, I always feel like I am at home with an on-call, personal dentist. I consider them like family that I could trust. I always have a great time, filled with laughter. Dr. Yoshikane's work is high quality, and every details, from their use of technology, super friendly knowledgeable, fun staff, to the ambiance. The best part is that my mouth is not swolen or feel that my face got punched from a couple of root canals. He is very gentle. He takes great pride in his work and treats his patients like the way he wants to be treat as a patient himself, with the utmost care. I trust him a ne his staff completely! They also work with me on prioritizing of what needs work on my teeth. Dr. Yoshikane and his team are a diamond in a ruff. Precious!"
"Dr. Yoshikane provided my treatment for my fillings and I can honestly say I’ve never felt more comfortable in a dentist’s chair. After being treated at his office, I feel very confident in my teeth and will continue to turn to him for all my dental needs in the future as I would recommend to anyone else! The practice also has the kindest staff that make you feel so welcome the moment you walk in the door and are also generous enough to give out complimentary cookies and coffee after my appointment was done. 12/10 service:)"
"From the moment I walked into the office I knew that I had made the right choice. The ladies up front were so helpful and kind. Anyone I came in contact with were friendly and welcoming. Thank you Dr. Yoshikane for keeping me at ease during my appointment. You took the time to review the recommended treatment to ensure and mitigate any additional problems. It is very evident that Dr. Yoshikane is committed to providing the best patient care. I am glad I took the leap of faith to seek dental care with Dr. Yoshikane. Not only was I happy with my care, I also left with a thank you gift. So kind! Amazing dentist, dental hygienist, dental assistants and office staff!"